August 19, 2021
Dear Pastors/Elders/Church Leader,
The fall of Afghanistan appears imminent and we can be certain that Afghan Christians will face grave danger in the days to come. Recent pictures reveal people at the Kabul airport trying to flee for their lives. The suffering of the people especially both the girls and women will be immense. Below are some items for prayer.
- Pray for the common people who are living under stress, fear and uncertainties, that their lives and possessions would be secured and protected and be kept from all evil threats, harassments or dangers (Psalm 82:3-4)
- Pray for the seed of Gospel that has been sowed to germinate, and that God’s mercy and grace to fill the hearts of the Afghans. They will find strength and comfort in Christ who offers them peace, truth and liberty.
- Pray for local MBBs and foreign workers who are forced to go through the turbulent times in the country, would witness God’s supernatural covering and be shielded under His sovereign refuge.
- Pray for the women and children who are the weakest groups through this political turmoil, will experience that their civil rights would be preserved and upheld by the new government as promised.
- Pray for the new government formed under Taliban group, that their mind and heart would be renewed through the sovereign hand of the Lord. Pray for them to come out from whatever lies that have blinded them and they would experience the light of Christ.
- Remember the Church in Afghanistan that she will continue to shine for the Lord and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it (Matt.16:18)
Pr Samuel Ang