The Desired Outcome for the Sports Conference and Beyond...
- To help establish and develop a sports ministry in the local churches represented
- To give vision, training and resources to sports people, sports-related professionals
- To prepare those ministering in sports for on-going sports ministry
- To network sports people, key persons in sports missions, churches and missions who are wanting to impact their world through sport
- To initiate and maintain strategic sports partnerships between the local churches and para-church organisations of Malaysia through the Malaysia Coalition of Sports Ministries
Objectives for You and I:
- To become more effective in ministering to sports people
- To partner with sports people strategically and effectively
- To assist professionals in sport disciplines to see and utilise opportunities in ministry
- To provide partnerships and strategies for sports related ministry
- To provide resource organisations the opportunity to network effectively
- To build strategic international and regional partnerships through networking
- To prepare for 2004 - 2006 'More Than Gold' (MTG) ministry in Malaysia
Date: 13 & 14 Feb 2004 (Fri & Sat)
Time: 9am to 6pm
Conference Fee: RM100/person
Closing Date: 7th Feb 2004
Click here for registration form
We are pleased to welcome as part of our program the following speakers.
Paul Moses, India
Paul, who lives in the city of Chennai is married to Grace Moses with 2 children and has been working with sports ministry for the past 17 years. Paul is a Global Network Partner of Church Sports International and has been trained to teach on Church Based Sports Ministry Facilitator for the Central India/Sri Lanka and the Maldives Region.
- Someone interested in learning and utilising sports for Gospel work
- Someone who is employed in a sports related profession
- Someone who is involved in ministry to all levels of sports
- Someone who is involved in ministry through competitive sports and resource agencies
- Someone who is involved in major event ministry
- An athlete
Are these your concerns?
- Why sports ministry?
- Biblical foundation for sports ministry
- Benefits of and barriers to a sports ministry
- So how do you start?
- What needs to be done?
- What is being done around the world?
- Where can I get more help?
- Transforming communities
- Establishing partnerships
- Practical sessions
Are there any challenges that we cannot surmount?... Philippians 3:14
"Because sports and recreation are a part of every culture in the world. This cultural phenomenon gives local church a strategic way to build up the believer as well as to reach out to the lost." "Through a Sports Ministry, the church can enhance discipleship and eveangelism and at the same time increase leadership development, retain visitors and members, mobilise members into service, increase vibrant fellowship within the church."
"Sports offer the local church its greatest opportunity for world missions with the least amount of money needed to reach the greatest number of people in the shortest period of time."
(Alex Ribeiro, Atletas de Cristo)
For more information, please contact:
Mr John Yip
(Bandar Utama Chapel)
28, Jalan PJU 3/41,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Phone: 603-7880 1130
Mobile: 012-278 5144